Friday, February 4, 2011

Stencil Ambitions

I think I might have been able to convince myself that it is time to try a wall stencil.  I have been noticing them more and more and since were working on the bathroom and there really isn't any separation between the bedroom and the sink area, I think its the perfect fit.


I found a nice trellis pattern that ties in with my new towels that will be a great combination.

Tile Bath Towels, 100% Cotton

The next step was what color to paint the overlay.  Seeing as how the under color will stay what it already is, I needed to find something to paint the stencil in.  With the goal of it not looking "crafty"  I chose a clear glaze color for one reason, It was on clearance at Home Depot.  Now all i have to do is decide if its even possible to do this and make it look good. 

I suppose it will be trial and error, after all, its just paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment